Information about Cuba: Visa & Passports Requirements at - Car rental in Cuba !

Versión en Espa˝olEspañol |Support|Contacts

Visa & Passports Requirements

All visitors must carry a valid passport for at least six months.

Those traveling as tourists must also have a tourist card. Tourist cards can be purchased at Cuban consulates, and travel agencies or airlines authorized to do so. Visas and tourist cards are valid for 30 days from the day you arrive in Cuba, with the possibility of renewal for another 30 days.

If you wish to extend your tourist visa for an extra 30 days, you can do so at the Immigration Department located on Calle 20, entre 3ra. y 5ta. Ave., Miramar, Havana; for the price of $25.00 USD in legal stamps that can be purchased at any of the Branches of the Banco de Cr├ędito y Comercio.

Visitors traveling to Cuba on business, studies, as journalists or for work, as well as for long stays, must apply for an entry visa at the Embassy or Consular Office of Cuba in their country of residence.

Citizens born in Cuba, who are not currently residing in the country, must apply for an Entry Permit (Permiso de Entrada) at the Embassy or Consular Office of Cuba in their country of residence. This request will be processed by the Immigration Department of Cuba.

Residents in the United States (not born in Cuba) must apply for a tourist card at Cuba's Interest Section in Washington or at a travel agency that has purchased the card from the Interest Section.

The laws of the United States of America prohibit any of its citizens from travelling to Cuba. Therefore, U.S. citizens must apply for a license from the Treasury and State departments.

Need Asisstance?
For quick answers to your questions, send us an email or call us at (537) 204-0473.

Return to previous

Partners Sites: will help you with your car rental in Cuba. It is very difficult in some seasons to rent a car in Cuba due to lack of availability and high demand.